Members of the Network believe in the power of connecting with nature and are actively involved or interested in fostering Green Care. We are supporting projects and people by:
- Enabling projects to connect and explore potential working relationships
- Sharing expertise, resources and volunteers
- Coming together to develop expertise through training and events
- Inspiring and promoting the development of Green Care activities, including places where they don’t currently exist
- Providing pathways for individuals to progress between different types and levels of green care
- Developing a set of values and practices which ensure those involved can be seen as meeting a common set of standards, whilst recognising the variety of the activities being provided
- Bringing together and promoting research into the impact of Green Care so as to further its development
The Network is a ‘lattice’ or web with, at present, a very informal and loose structure, though we recognise that we will need to formalise things in due course. But we want to continue to be a ‘lean’ organisation that coordinates and guides rather than directs. A Coordination Group comes together regularly to monitor progress and guide the Network’s development. Though centred on Norfolk, we also include projects and activities in adjoining areas, such as Waveney and other parts of Suffolk, and the Fenland area of Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
We are planning a series of ‘on site’ Network events where members can learn about a particular project and explore issues, experiences and ideas, as well as contributing to the development of the Network. We are also exploring online forms of training and communicating. And we are developing the idea of coordinators in different parts of the County and across different types of Green Care, to act as focal points for smaller groupings of people and projects.
We have good working relationships with other bodies that support voluntary and community activities and green care including:
This website and blog aims to provide up to date information and resources to support green care in our area. Apart from pages with information and links to a range of different types of green care projects, we have sections with a digest of support resources and published research. And our page with the latest news and posts provides regular articles of interest.